ServSafe® Allergens Online Course and Exam
Food allergies are rapidly affecting more people every year.
Are you protecting the health of your guests coping with food allergies?
- Common foods like peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, soy, wheat, shellfish, fish, and sesame seeds cause most allergic reactions.
- Study indicates that half of all fatal food allergy reactions begin outside the home.
- Some states have passed legislation requiring food allergy training.
Online Training and Exam
This interactive online course drives home the critical information your employees and managers need in order to accommodate guests with food allergies and respond to emergencies should they occur. This course is followed up with a 40-question multiple choice exam. $25/person
- Defining food allergies
- Recognizing symptoms
- Identifying allergens
- Dangers of cross-contact
- Proper cleaning methods
Front of the house
- Proper communication
- Preventing cross-contact
- Workstations & self-serve areas
- Special dietary requests
- Dealing with emergencies
Back of the house
- Importance of food labels
- Handling food deliveries
- Proper food preparation
- Cleaning and personal hygiene