MARKETING EXECS TO GATHER IN CHICAGO TO SHARE IDEAS IN DAYS LEADING UP TO NRA SHOW
Yard House Restaurants brand president Harald Herrmann will serve as the industry keynote speaker, sharing with attendees how he launched the brand and grew it from a single location along the Los Angeles coast to 45 locations. Last year, Yard House made headlines as one of the most newsworthy restaurant brand acquisitions when Darden purchased the company.
The three-day conference will feature industry influencers, tastemakers, leaders and consumer behavioral experts. Branding and social media experts also will share best practices with attendees.
Additional speakers include:
- Harry Balzer, chief industry analyst and vice president of the NPD Group, will provide some insight into the Eating Patterns in America. The NPD Group has been tracking the eating and drinking patterns of Americans for nearly 30 years.
- Wendy Clark, senior vice president, Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities of the Coca-Cola Co., and her team have a leading industry voice and will speak on how the international brand has fully embraced digital to redefine consumer engagement in the SoLoMo revolution.
- Clarice Turner, senior vice president of Starbucks U.S., oversees the U.S. retail operations and leads a $3.5 billion business of corporate and licensee-owned locations. She pioneered “Starbucks Evenings,” the brand’s new wine, beer and small plates innovation. Her presentation will help inspire new business opportunities for her audience as she shares her compelling story on innovative marketing.
- David Witt, director of global digital marketing and brand public relations of the Hershey Co., will share valuable insights and tactics on building online networks of brand advocates.
- Jeff Fromm, co-author of The Millennial Consumer and Millennial Passions: Food, Fashion and Friends, will reveal what it is that makes Millennials unique, what tools to use to evaluate Millennial marketing and models for creating guest engagement. Fromm also is executive vice president of Barkley.
- Jeff Harvey, president and CEO of Burgerville, will share how Burgerville has defied conventional perceptions of what it means to be a quick-service restaurant by being at the forefront of sustainable business practices that go well beyond trendy catch phrases. Their motto, Serve With Love, has guided every business decision Burgerville has made.
- Erik Wahl is an artist and motivational speaker who will show attendees new to make their organization more creative, innovative and profitable.
- Adrienne Weiss, founder of her own namesake company, will illustrate how a company’s voice makes them standout from their competitor. Her session will challenge attendees to find the voice of their brands and shout it from every brand touch point.
The conference, which will be held at the Westin Michigan Avenue, costs $495 for NRA members or $995 for non-members, and includes all meeting materials, meals and breaks with a special nightly conference rate available for attendees at the Westin Michigan Avenue.
For more information, go online at restaurant.org.