UHC’S LATINO HEALTH SOLUTIONS CAN HELP IMPROVE THE HEALTH, WELLNESS AND PRODUCTIVITY IN THE HISPANIC WORKFORCE BY MEETING THEIR NEEDS
The U.S. Census also projects that in approximately 37 years, by the year 2050, Hispanics will account for nearly 33% of the nation’s entire population and approximately 55% of the overall U.S. workforce. For these reasons, UnitedHealthcare (UHC) has taken the lead in reaching out to Hispanics by creating a specialized division – UnitedHealthcare Latino Health Solutions (LHS) – focused on supporting the company’s goals related to the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population.
Through extensive research, the LHS team has identified some of the chief barriers that make some Hispanics hesitant to enroll in health care coverage plans. The research also led to the development of programs and services that will provide Hispanic members and their dependents with tools and resources necessary to help them better understand how the health care system works and to better navigate more effectively a complicated health insurance system.
One such program, UnitedHealthcare PlanBien®, is a comprehensive offering of bilingual, culturally-relevant services, tools and resources especially designed for operators with Hispanic employees. PlanBien is focused on addressing the health care needs of the workforce and provides clients with an array of value-added materials, resources and services that help them to communicate effectively with employees and keep them engaged in their health insurance coverage programs.
UnitedHealthcare PlanBien offers operators and their employees some of our most popular health plans enhanced with an array of bilingual materials designed to provide a better health care experience for themselves and their families. Because we understand that Hispanic employees may prefer to manage their health care in Spanish, we give them the tools and resources they need to make informed decisions, including:
- access to dedicated, bilingual customer care professionals and health advisers trained to understand the common doubts and hesitations that some Hispanics have about enrolling in and using their health care coverage and who help our Hispanic members to better navigate their health care coverage benefits
- online provider directories that indicate to our members the offices that provide Spanish-speaking doctors and staff.
- bilingual websites with an array of useful bilingual educational health and wellness brochures especially designed for Hispanics which address common health issues of concern to Hispanics.
- web-based bilingual tools and resources such as podcasts, interactive health modules and biometric health calculators
- myuhc.com in Spanish
- a bilingual mobile site at m.uhclatino.com
Additionally, UHC collaborates with the California Restaurant Association (CRA) to offer discounts on health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance to businesses in the restaurant, food and hospitality industries.
UHC also provides the Restaurant Healthcare Discount Program, an alternative to insurance that provides CRA members with discounts on physician and hospital visits, prescription drugs, vision service, dental care and even health club memberships. Members also get access to the 24-hour NurseLineSM, all for just $5 a month. These programs were designed to demonstrate a commitment to providing innovative solutions to help take care of this growing segment of the population.
For more information about UHC discounts available, go online at www.calrest.org/healthcare or contact the UHC sales team:
866.432.5992, Ext. 65204
866.432.5992, Ext. 64752