The California Office of Traffic Safety is looking to the restaurant industry for help in its efforts to save lives and eliminate alcohol involved traffic collisions statewide. The program will launch in December, typically a major DUI Crackdown period statewide.
The DDVIP (Designated Driver VIP) program features a free, mobile DDVIP Bar-Finder smartphone app that will give customers access to an expansive network of geographically targeted DDVIP-recognized bars and restaurants across the state. Once a bar or restaurant becomes an official DDVIP partner, that establishment will be added to the app and patrons can pull up the bar or restaurant depending on the bar’s proximity and special DDVIP offers.
BECOME A DDVIP PARTNER
INCENTIVES TO PARTICIPATE
- promote restaurants via its new app, including a bar finder that will be launch Dec. 13 at a press conference to launch December’s DUI Crackdown period
- add restaurant names to creative materials surrounding the launch
- promote restaurants via OTS’ Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- provide participants with marketing information to share your staff to learn more about the DDrink program
- provide restaurants with a window cling identifying DDVIP bars and restaurants
- provide collateral materials needed to promote DDrinks.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Photo of restaurant (interior or exterior)
- Name of restaurant
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Hours of operation
- Restaurant description (similar to those on Yelp)
- DDVIP offer(s) information
- Photo of offer(s)
- How to redeem
- Offer(s) value (if available)