The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is seeking new, original recipes from the country's most notable chefs. To raise awareness for the growing need of gluten-free options, the NFCA is creating the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook. A panel of NFCA-approved judges will choose the Top 100 recipes from the submissions to create the cookbook.
“The demand for gluten-free dishes has sparked the creativity of American chefs,” said Alice Bast, president of NFCA. “Through this cookbook, we hope to connect with chefs regarding incorporating gluten-free items into their own restaurant menus, as well as provide the general public with an easy-to-use cookbook that guides them through preparing gluten-free meals for family members with dietary restrictions.”
Chefs included in the cookbook will receive:
- visibility and promotion through all of NFCA's social media channels and other communications outlets
- press release templates and communications about the cookbook courtesy of the NFCA
- a copy of the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook including their published entry, courtesy of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing
- assistance by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for chefs planning local book promotional events, including materials and assistance with local and social media.
From the 100 recipes the judges select, the Top 10 recipes will be featured in the cookbook.
Chefs selected with the Top 10 winning recipes will receive the above plus:
- complimentary GREAT Kitchens program training from the NFCA
- a feature profile distributed through NFCA's e-newsletter and online publication, Celiac in the News, and via ll NFCA social media
Finally, the judges will select one recipe of be named the top gluten-free recipe.
The chef selected with the best overall gluten-free recipe will receive the above plus:
- five copies of the cookbook, provided by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- special feature and recognition in the Gluten-Free Chef's Challenge Cookbook promotions.
Click here to download the offical recipe template.
The deadline to submit recipes at www.GREATChefsChallenge.com is May 31.